There are a number of reasons why your might be having trouble signing in to the PrestoExperts Messenger. Please try the following steps, one at a time, in order to solve this problem:
1. Firewall software. Depending on the configuration and settings, Firewall software may interfere with the PrestoExperts Messenger. In order to confirm that this is the reason you are experiencing problems, we recommend that you disable the Firewall temporarily and check if you can use the PrestoExperts Communication Software.
2. Change your status to Not Available and then back to Available. You can do this by clicking the small PrestoExperts icon from the system tray (near the clock) and choosing Status, then Not Available from the menu. After you change it back to available and waiting a couple of minutes please check the site to see whether you appear available or not.
3. Close the PrestoExperts Messenger and re-open it. It can be closed by clicking the small PrestoExperts icon from the system tray (near the clock) and choosing Exit from the menu. You can then restart it by going to: Start, then Programs, then PrestoExperts Communication Suite, and then PrestoExperts. Then please check again if you appear as Online on the site (verify that by clicking the F5 key to refresh the page).
4. If all these steps are not working then Uninstall the Communication Suite and reinstall it. You can do so by going to Start > Control Panel, and then Add/Remove Programs. Select the PrestoExperts Communication Suite, and click the change/remove button. Now find the installation file (the one you downloaded from PrestoExperts to your computer) and double click it. This will initiate the installation process.
5. Additionally, you may be experiencing this problem if your internet connection is going through a proxy server. Currently, the PrestoExperts Messenger cannot be configured to run behind a proxy server. The only way to solve this problem is to disable it and try logging-in to PrestoExperts again. The easiest way to disable the proxy (even temporarily) would be to call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and request their help.